The Holy Spirit's work . . .
- John 16:8-11: He convicts us by holding up the righteousness of God
- John 16:12-15: He will reveal God's truth to us
- Romans 8:14: He will help us to live according to God's ways. As we live God pleasing lives, by the power of the Holy Spirit we are then assured that we are children of God.
- Romans 8:16: The Holy Spirit confirms our place in God's family
- Romans 8:26: The Holy Spirit helps us to pray according to the will of God.
- Acts 20:22: The Holy Spirit guides us in our ministry assignments
- Acts 20:23: He gives us insight into what is happening so we can face our hardships with the big picture in mind.
Yesterday I saw the Holy Spirit at work in my life. My computer was having some issues so I took it to the store to have it looked at. It was a two-hour ordeal. In the process of working on the computer I got to talking with the tech and found out that he had at one time attended church and had even attended seminary. We got to talking and I felt the Holy Spirit prompt me to encourage him, so I did. He was talking about going back to school to become a medical doctor and I spent some time just encouraging him to do so in response to the Holy Spirit's guiding. I went home and over the course of the evening I again felt the tug of the Holy Spirit to go back and thank him for his help and then invite him to church. As I was thinking about the whole frustrating process of having to re-install everything on my computer (yes, I had to wipe the hard drive and start over) the Holy Spirit reminded me that there was a bigger plan afoot than just my computer repair. God cared about my tech guy and sent me there under the guise of having to repair my computer. Now, I get to partner with God through the Holy Spirit's guidance to remind Mr Tech Guy that God still loves him and wants him to take his place in the family of God. Woo hoo, I am pleroo!
How is the Holy Spirit at work in and through you?