In brokenness we are reminded us that God is sovereign and as a result we must prepare ourselves for blessing and adversity
Job says it, God is God and He can do as He pleases.
- What we can rely on is the fact that He will use everything for His good.
- What we can count on is that He is good and compassionate even in the midst of the most painful situations.
- What we must hold fast to is that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.
- Isaiah 55:9 (NIV) 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
So our response in the middle of the brokenness and pain should be to draw near to God. To say,
- God I trust you.
- I don’t know why I am going through this.
- If there is something I can learn from it show me.
- I believe that it will be for your glory so I will run to you.
- Hold me close. Deepen me. Change me.
"Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?