- 2 Samuel 12:1 (NIV) 1 The LORD sent Nathan to David.
God was not letting David get away with this sin, He loved him too much for that, so in his right timing He sent the prophet Nathan to David.
It had to be Nathan.
- Nathan was someone who was close to David.
- He was trusted by David and had the ability to have an audience with the king.
- Nathan was a man of God and it was known.
Sometimes the way we come face to face with God is through close, trusted, godly friends and advisors.
We encounter God through the godly, trusted men and women in our lives
- who are brave enough,
- obedient to God and
- wise in how they confront.
Imagine Nathan’s predicament. How do I tell the king without incurring his wrath?
He will have me executed.
Yet still he went because God had sent him.
Too many of us are asking God to show up and He does in the form of the trusted people in our lives and we are not responding to them and in turn not responding to God.
We are looking for an encounter, for an answer, but when we answer comes we reject it because it is not what we want to hear or it comes though someone we discount. Allow the Nathans of our life to help us come face to face with God.